- Become a part of world-class engineering in a dynamic and expanding market
- Join a global leader in mining technology and innovation
- Exciting development and career opportunities available
At CQMS Razer our strategy is to be collaborative partners with the world’s best miners, delivering innovative solutions and improved mining productivity to our customers around the world.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to lead and deliver high quality application and design engineering for our surface mining technology product range. Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will work across Ground Engaging Tools (GET), Hydraulic Excavator Lip Systems, Dragline, Rigging, Conveyor Accessories and specialty wear resistant products. You will be a key part of our Engineering hub at Goodna Technology Park or Murarrie head office and design, analyse, build and test world-class technology that improves the productivity of the world’s best miners.
Ideally you will have a strong background in the manufacturing or mining industry, possess excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated and have a keen focus on internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Providing expert technical support to relevant managers in Sales and Support teams, manufacturing facilities, and end users in Australia and globally;
- Leading design and drafting, field investigations, product trials, and troubleshooting processes;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations of work products, methods and procedures; and investigating and resolving design and production issues;
- Preparing and presenting engineering reports to key stakeholders and customers;
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional engineering experience in manufacturing, mining or machining environment
- Experience in the design, analysis and maintenance of G.E.T. for the mining or construction industries or similar would be highly regarded
- Strong report writing, technical presentation skills and experience in MS office
- 3D CAD modelling and drafting experience (SolidWorks preferred); Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience
- A proven passion and willingness to identify customer solutions and exceed expectations
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build and maintain deep relationships internally and externally
About CQMS Razer
With a global operations reach, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment where our world-class talent is supported in their careers with fulfilling and rewarding work. With our values of trust, responsibility and accountability we’re not just interested in your output, we are also interested in your career.
Job satisfaction, learning and development and career advancement opportunities are a top priority. We also practice flexible working and are flexible on location so you can be based at our Goodna Tech Hub or Murarrie head office