Electric Mining Shovels
The Berkeley Forge SaberLip System is a uniquely designed lip geometry, with Hammerless hardware working in tandem to prevent lip wear and, in particular, wear to critical fit dimensions due to sliding material and impact.
The result is indefinite lip life, less lip repair costs, greater hardware security, fast and safe hardware change out. Because of these benefits, the SaberLip System became standard offering by a leading OEM of electric rope shovels.
With more than 75 years experience servicing the mining industry, Berkeley Forge specializes in innovative and extreme duty Ground Engaging Tools (G.E.T) and Lip Systems for Electric Mining Shovels, and Mining Class Front End Loaders.
Berkeley Forge Electric Rope Shovel SaberLip System
- Increased production
- Reduced lip repair
- 100% Hammerless – quick change hardware
- Cost/weight efficient hardware
- Increased hardware security
- Minimal spacing between hardware pieces and fully mechanical lip wear parts combined for maximum lip protection
- TLC hardware coverage and unique hardware stabilization reduces cost of lip repairs
- Forged alloy steel adapters, teeth and critical attaching components
The SaberLip’s innovative adapter stabilization system and lip surface protection significantly reduces Lip wear and associated repair costs as compared to other plate style lips in the industry.
The Berkeley Forge SaberLip is CNC machined to create tight tolerance fit between the hardware and the lip so when combined with fully mechanical lip wear parts, it provides maximum protection.
This product is suitable for the following machines:
- Electric Rope Shovels 2300XPC– 4100XPC
- Electric Rope Shovel 7495