Mechanical Engineer (Goodna/Brisbane, QLD)
- Join a leading global mining services company developing products using advanced engineering technologies
- Open to flexible working – speak to us about how this role could work for you
CQMS Razer is a diverse and inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from a range of backgrounds. We’re also committed to flexible working and open to flexible ways of doing things, so speak to us as to how this role could work for you.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to lead and deliver high quality application and design engineering for our surface mining technology product range. Reporting to the General Manager of Engineering you will work across Ground Engaging Tools (GET), Hydraulic Excavator Lip Systems, Dragline, Rigging, Conveyor Accessories and specialty wear resistant products. You will be key part of our Engineer team with the option to work from our Goodna Technology Park (QLD) or Murarrie office engaged in the design, analysis, build and testing of world-class technology that improves the productivity of the world’s best miners.
Ideally you will have a strong background in the mining industry, be an innovative engineer, possess excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated and have a keen focus on internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Advanced engineering design, analysis, drafting, product trials, and troubleshooting processes;
- Provide technical support to Sales, customer service, manufacturing, and end users in Australia and globally;
- Conduct reviews and development of products, methods and procedures, investigations and trouble-shooting;
- Preparing and presenting engineering reports to key stakeholders and customers;
To be successful in this role you will have:
How to apply
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering with professional engineering experience
- Demonstrated talent for producing novel, simple, innovative solutions to complex design challenges
- Strong report writing, technical presentation skills and experience in MS office;
- 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred); Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience;
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally;
- Experience in the design, analysis and maintenance of G.E.T. for the mining or construction industries or similar will be highly regarded.
- Please send a covering letter and your resume to email@example.com
With a global operations reach, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment where our world-class talent is supported in their careers in a work place that is fulfilling and rewarding and reflects the values and the communities in which we operate. Our strategy is to be collaborative partners with the world’s best miners, delivering innovative solutions and improved mining productivity to our customers around the world.