Mechanical Engineer (Goodna/Brisbane, QLD)
- Become a part of world-class engineering in the mining space
- Open to flexible working – speak to us about how this role could work for you
CQMS Razer is a diverse and inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from a range of backgrounds. We’re also committed to flexible working and open to flexible ways of doing things, so speak to us as to how this role could work for you.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to lead and deliver high quality application and design engineering for our surface mining technology product range. Reporting to the General Manager of Engineering you will work across Ground Engaging Tools (GET), Hydraulic Excavator Lip Systems, Dragline, Rigging, Conveyor Accessories and specialty wear resistant products. You will be a key part of our Engineer hub at Goodna Technology Park (QLD) and design, analyse, build and test world-class technology that improves the productivity of the world’s best miners.
Ideally you will have a strong background in the mining industry, possess excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated and have a keen focus on internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities of this position will be:
- Providing expert technical support to relevant managers in Sales and Support teams, manufacturing facilities, and end users in Australia and globally;
- Leading design and drafting, field investigations, product trials, and troubleshooting processes;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations of work products, methods and procedures; and investigating and resolving design and production issues;
- Preparing and presenting engineering reports to key stakeholders and customers;
To be successful in this role you will have:
How to apply
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering with professional engineering experience
- Strong report writing, technical presentation skills and experience in MS office
- Experience in the design, analysis and maintenance of G.E.T. for the mining or construction industries or similar would be highly regarded;
- 3D CAD modelling and drafting experience (SolidWorks preferred); Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience;
- A proven passion and willingness to identify customer solutions and exceed expectations;
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to build and maintain deep relationships internally and externally.
- Please send a covering letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
With a global operations reach, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment where our world-class talent is supported in their careers in a work place that is fulfilling and rewarding and reflects the values and the communities in which we operate. Our strategy is to be collaborative partners with the world’s best miners, delivering innovative solutions and improved mining productivity to our customers around the world.