Metallurgist (Maryborough, QLD)
- Bring your technical expertise to this influential and dynamic role
- Join a leading global mining services company
- Live and work in Maryborough, in the stunning Fraser Coast/Hervey Bay region of Queensland
At CQMS Razer (CR) we are committed to developing a global business that is the partner of choice for the mining industry. We believe our people, along with our productivity technology and supply chain excellence will differentiate us in the eyes of our customers. With a strategy to significantly grow our business, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment where our people are provided and supported with challenging work. Our aim is to become the best supplier of innovative products and solutions, that enhance mining productivity to our customers around the world.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Metallurgist to ensure that our Australian manufacturing facility is operating to world’s-best metallurgical standards. This position will provide you the opportunity to oversee national metallurgical operations, ensuring that CR continues to manufacture world leading GET, Cast Lips and other Foundry products. The role is based at our Maryborough operations on the Queensland east coast.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Conducting regular metallurgical quality audits ensuring the foundry operates within approved manufacturing procedures, resulting in zero product quality issues.
- Work closely with the melting and heat treatment departments to develop and improve process controls to best practice.
- Investigating and preparing reports on Metallurgical non-conformance, analysing information and preparing process improvements.
- In conjunction with the process Metallurgist work to provide continuous improvement projects throughout the foundry to improve efficiencies and quality.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
- A Degree in Foundry Metallurgy or related industry such as steel mill background.
- 5 years+ Metallurgical experience within the Foundry and/or Steelmaking industry with particular focus on Ferrous high strength steels.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a strong role model in Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write reports and procedures and deliver training presentations.
- Willingness and flexibility to undertake domestic and international travel if required.
- CQMS Razer is a diverse and inclusive organisation and welcome applications from a range of backgrounds.
- We aim to hire smart people, create space and empower them with challenging and rewarding work.
- We are committed to flexible working, so speak to us as to how this role could work for you.
How to apply?
Please send a covering letter and your resume to email@example.com